Hakim Mohammed Said Hamdard Public School
Life is love, Life is service
Madinat al-Hikmah is the culmination of the lofty ideals and aspirations of its founder, Shaheed-e-Pakistan, Hakim Mohammed Said and a reflection of his farsightedness. Hamdard Foundation Pakistan is a philanthropic organization whose aim has been to increase the pace of progress and as such has initiated several projects in the areas of education, science and culture, many of which have received international recognition.
In the field of education Hamdard has always played a leading role. The Hamdard Foundation Pakistan has formed Hamdard Education Society that controls the management of Hamdard Public School. Admission at Hamdard Public School is granted on merit only. No deviation from this procedure is valid. The basic idea of Madinat al-Hikmah has the blessings of Allah as it was Maqam-e-lbrahim at the Holy Ka’ba that the idea of establishing a city of education, science and culture dawned upon Hakim Mohammed Said Shaheed and he prepared the first blueprint of the project there. While performing Sai between Safa and Marwah the message became clearer.
Site and Environment
Madinat al-Hikmah is well known, both nationally and internationally. It is situated about 35 kilometres away from the metropolis of Karachi on the borders of Sindh and Balochistan. It enjoys a historic reputation, being once the bivouacking place of General Muhammad Bin Qasim whose expedition into Sindh in the 8th century introduced Islam into the Sub-continent. The campus is vast, enjoys a wealth of gardens and trees, pure air and a pollution free environment.
Hamdard Public School is housed in two impressive buildings. Block-1 houses the Primary Section. Block-2 houses the Middle, Secondary and College Sections. High standard has been maintained in the construction of the School buildings and the furniture has been specially designed.
The distance of Hamdard Public School:
– From sea-shore (Clifton) | 43 km
– From Quaid-e-Azam’s Mazar | 34 km
– From Civic Centre | 32 km
– From the Board Office | 28 km
Coasters/buses provide the pick & drop facility.
Why in the Desert?
When land was bought for Madinat al-Hikmah the area was a desert. When His Eminence Sheikh AI-Azhar came to pray for the success of Madinat al-Hikmah he asked Hakim Mohammed Said as to why he had chosen this barren desert land for Madinat al-Hikmah? Hakim Said’s prompt reply was “Sir, because the teachings of Islam also emanated from the desert”.
This place is not a desert anymore. Hundreds of trees have been planted in the area. Hamdard Garden, spread over a hundred acres of land, stands in its full splendour opposite Hamdard Public School. The environment is beautiful, peaceful, airy and pollution-free most appropriate for an institution built for imparting education.
Standard of Education and Training
The curriculum followed is in accordance with the one prescribed by the Education Department, Government of Sindh, but other books and teaching aids are used which give a wider vision and understanding of the subjects. The objective is to provide ideal education and training for the development of personality and character of the student.
Hamdard Public School provides vocational education to its students. Girls receive lessons in Home Economics and boys in Woodwork.
The School & College Sections have their own libraries of sizeable number of books, magazines and journals.
After a thorough study and review of many internationally acclaimed educational institutions expansion is always being made in the present Science Museum for the benefit of the students of Hamdard Public School.
Fifteen acres of land has been allocated for Naunehal Shehar to impart education through recreation. Relics of war, navigation and transportation have already been installed. The place will be developed with addition of more recreational facilities.
- Hamdard Public School has been so planned that after completing the Primary and Secondary education the students may continue their education at the colleges of Madinat al-Hikmah and Hamdard College of Science & Commerce finally enter Hamdard University to acquire higher education. Excellent research facilities will be offered at the University.
- Hamdard Public School functions under Hamdard Education Society whose members are responsible for framing the rules and regulations. A Board of Governors looks after the administrative and the academic affairs of the School. They bring changes, subject to the needs of the time.
- In classes I to III there is co-education but from class IV onwards up to matriculation girls and boys receive education separately.
- The age for admission to Class I, is 5-6 1/2 years on 1st of April.